The best way to install phpBB is to use the R5 Software Library, which is powered by the the leading automated installer service, Softaculous.
- Log into cPanel and scroll down to the Software section. Then click on R5 Software Library.
- In the left sidebar, go to Forums > phpBB and click the Install Now button.
- You'll be presented with a screen where you can change the domain name (if you have more than one in your cPanel), set a username, etc. Feel free to tweak the setting now or leave them as they are (they can be changed later).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Install button. If you would like to have the installation details emailed to a different email address than the one on your account you can enter it in the field below the Install button.
- Once complete, you'll be shown a screen with the information on it you need to log into your new phpBB installation. The information will also be emailed to you.